
I used to be naive, thinking that I could accomplish anything as long as I had a few items
1. Coke-a-Cola
2. Coconut popsicles
3. Duct tape
4. Craft glue
I have been fooling myself. CRAFT GLUE IS A LIE. Let me tell you how I have come to this dreadful conclusion.
It all started with a pair of converse (don't all strange and/or disappointing situations?). They kinda looked like the picture I provided you with. Only, change the color to black, the size to extremely tiny, and multiply the damage by 67.3, then you will have an accurate representation of the state of my shoes.
The day was a Wednesday, I was at work, and it was raining out. My shoes decided it would be a good idea to just die on me. So they did. Throughout my work day the bottom of the shoes began rapidly deteriorating. Then, the soles just kind of came off. I desperately searched for duct tape or super glue (my previous choice of adhesive to keep my shoes together), but noooo all the daycare had was craft glue. Having high expectations for this craft glue, I applied it to my shoes and let it dry.
It happened after I locked up and departed from work, walking out to my car, the craft glue washed off. Yes, you read that right, the very sticky substance holding my shoes together simply washed away. I decided the best course of action would be to stand in the pouring rain and moan to myself "WHY ME? WHY NOW?" and quote the little rascals, "Then the clouds opened up and God said I hate you Alfalfa!"
What did I learn? Craft glue is washable, shoes are overrated, and stepping in mud puddles in socks is fun and squishy.
However, cleaning up the interior of you car after such an adventure proves tedious.
No comments:
Post a Comment