Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

**WARNING: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME**

Energy drinks in an enclosed space: A joint analysis, pt 1


This is one of the worst, albeit most amusing, ideas I have ever heard.

On the drive home from a speech and debate tournament, Shorty and our dear friend B decided to split a 5-hr energy drink. This lead them to sit backwards in their seats, sing a rendition of an impromptu "I love Starbucks" song, exclaim randomly, and make "your face" jokes. There really is only one appropriate reaction to your friends bouncing off the walls in an enclosed van during a 10 hour drive: laugh. 

So let me give you some background. While rifling through her mother's purse, Shorty discovered a 5-hr energy. B looked curiously at the energy shot, and declared that if Shorty would drink half, she would drink half as well. They solemnly drank the energy shot, amidst a background of me mumbling disapprovingly ;) We then sat in silence, I dreading, they anticipating, the onset of the energy.

Then, it happened.

Shorty exclaimed "I AM A MONKEY" and the two of them went off into gales of giggles. This declaration was followed by various nonsense statements. Let me give you some examples:
  •  "I think I saw a fish!" 
  • "I am a dysfunctional helicopter!"
  •  "We can, look, a, um, a, thing. A, Fred Meyer thing. We can get the thingy there, the, um, thingy... The, Despicable Me! YEAH! We can pretend to be, like, the, you know, minion things! Aehehheheeeee!"
  • "That guy looks like an Oompa Loompa!"
  • "That truck has onions in the back. It reminds me of your bedroom."
  • "I love your foot, because it is soft and fuzzy."
  •  "IMMA EAT YOU!!!" 
  •  "All of our conversations are completely normal. And not hyper at all. We are much too responsible for that. **high-pitched giggle squeak of joy**" 


That ride was, interesting, to say the least. But definitely amusing :D


-Shrimpy

3 comments:

  1. OHHHH my word this made me laugh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was amazing. And insane. And I'm never touching 5-hour Energy again. It tastes disgusting.

    ReplyDelete