Yesterday evening, Shorty joined me at my speech club. She watched me give my speech, and then we exited the room. The plan was to go downstairs and watch our friends speak. However, I was feeling adventurous. Directly outside of the room was a stairwell. I thought to myself, “Why don’t we explore?” and proceeded down the stairway. Shorty hurried down the stairs behind me, inquiring, “Do you know where you are going?!?” I jumped off the stairs and headed down the hallway towards the door. “No, I’m not sure, but I feel like exploring! Hopefully we won’t turn up somewhere weird!” I tried the door at the end of the hallway, but it was locked. Around the corner was another stairway. I ventured up it. Shorty followed me, making sarcastic and skeptical comments about my directional abilities. We opened the door at the top of the stairway, and were greeted by surprised stares. By way of following my oh-so-wonderful navigational abilities, we had ended up on the other end of the room we had just left. *sigh* And then, of course, Shorty proceeded to tease me about it.
If Dora can explore, why can’t I?
-Shrimpy
Image courtesy of http://www.aeaspen.com/Media/images/Glass%20Stairway.jpg

No comments:
Post a Comment